My tot and preschooler really enjoyed making Easter themed suncatchers, so I thought we would create new suncatchers in honor of Earth Day. My preschooler knew the Earth was made up of land and water, but when looking at the blank coloring page she wasn't sure which was which. So we started by discussing where the land and water was located then she was ready to start! Here's our version of an Earth Day suncatcher.
- Earth coloring page (I printed one from the Internet)
- green and blue craft tissue
- red construction paper
- clear contact paper
- paper clips
1. Trace half a heart on a folded piece of red construction paper. Cut out the heart and set aside for later.
2. Paper clip a sheet of clear contact paper to the Earth coloring page (sticky side up).
3. Use the blue and green craft tissue to cover the water and land on the Earth.
4. Place the cut out heart over the tissue.
5. Use a second sheet of clear contact paper to cover the globe, sealing in the tissue and heart.
6. Use scissors to cut out around the Earth.
7. Hang and enjoy!