Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Sensory Tub

Here's the Christmas sensory tub I'm using with both my preschooler and my tot.  I bought a few things from the dollar store and the rest of the items were things I found around the house or tucked away in our Christmas boxes.   Here's what's inside: 

Christmas Sensory Tub 
Bells 
Ball and Bell Ornaments
Bows
Tissue 
Christmas Bags
Krinkled Bag Stuffing 
Variety of Stuffed Ornaments 
Artificial Poinsettias
Empty Paper Towel Rolls 
Pine Scented Tart Candle (wrapped)


My tot likes picking up and looking at each of the items.  Most of the time he just takes things out of the tub and then puts them back in.  Other times he'll watch his big sis and follow her lead.  My preschooler likes making patterns with the ornaments and using the paper towel rolls as a chute for the ball ornaments. 

Other Sensory Tub Ideas from Pinterest       

                                                          Source: homeschooladventures3.blogspot.com via Lisa Kniess on Pinterest



                                                                    Source: totallytots.blogspot.com via Lisa Kniess on Pinterest


Linking up to: Classified Mom
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love the sensory tub idea...I had bought some ornaments and other things at the dollar store that i didnt end up using, great way to utilize them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! And this is so perfect for my new linky party. I'd love if you would come by and share this (or any other fun activities) at my first Thrifty Thursday Linky Party this week! It is a place to specifically share FREE (or nearly free) learning activities. Come check it out!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/11/its-the-most-wonderful-time-of-the-year-and-a-little-about-my-new-linky-party/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marybeth - thanks so much for stopping by and joining ;-) I love the dollar store...so many goodies to used for projects with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought of using paper towel rolls, but my boys would like that...ideas are already rolling through my head for January's winter/snow theme! :)

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm following back and looking through your other great ideas right now!

    Brittney
    http://www.moms-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the idea of paper towel tubes, I think I'll add that to my bin this week - I'm sure it will become a chute for everything that will fit in it! lol

    ~Bekah @SonshineTotSchool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never thought of using gift bags for our sensory box, but what a great idea. I am now a new follower of yours too!
    http://tooblessed-tobestressed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just posted about our sensory bin too. I love how so many moms are posting sensory bins with pretty much the same materials but the presentation is so different and unique each time. Using toilet paper or paper towel tubes is a really fun idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...