Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread Playdough

In preparation for cookie decorating and gingerbread house decorating this week, my tot and preschooler spent some time over the weekend creating gingerbread people with playdough!


Our Thanksgiving playdough was still fresh, so all I did was add a dash of nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger to spice it up a bit.  Then I grabbed a container of beads and buttons along with some googly eyes and a gingerbread cookie cutter.  Then my kids went to work!  




Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea to use playdoh in preparation for the cookie decorating. If I am to be completely honest, I did more decorating of our gingerbread cookies than my boys did, they were interested in other things that day! :) Oh well, I had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we'll be decorating cookies while my tot naps. He had fun with the playdough, but if you look closely at his picture his gingerbread man is just a big blob with beads stuck all over...cute if you ask me, but it wouldn't make a very appetizing cookie! Plus I think he'll just want to eat the candy the entire time :-) I had him help me bake the gingerbread house today instead...that way I could still include him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...