Monday, January 2, 2012

Keeping Calm in 2012

I haven't made a New Year's Resolution in a several years, realizing that I either over analyze how to stay on track of my goal, or abandon it all together before Martin Luther King Jr. Day.  So this year in lieu of a resolution, I'm adopting these teaching words of wisdom as my 2012 motto....



If you're on Pinterest as much as I am, you've probably noticed a lot of these "Keep Calm" signs lately.  It seems like there's one for every profession and hobby.  I'm guessing "Keep Calm and Carrying On" might be the original saying.  But the sign made for teachers really speaks to me.  After 10 years teaching elementary school, keeping calm during a lesson is actually kinda of second nature.  If things don't go as planned during a lesson, no big deal.  I adapt, move on and go back to my plan book.  Patience is something I have plenty of in the classroom.  Don't get my wrong there are plenty of other things that stress me out with the teaching profession (conferences and report cards just to name a few)!  But delivering a lesson ...yep I'm calm.  

So why am I making this saying my motto for 2012?  Though I might be a patient teacher in the classroom, I could stand to use a little patience in some other areas of my life.  I sweat the small stuff way too much!!!...with myself, with my kids, with my hubby, with my dog, with my house, with my blog.  With just about everything!  In 2012, I want to see the big picture clearly.  I want to enjoy each and every small moment.  I want to relax more, smile more, laugh moreIn 2012, I'm going to keep calm and pretend all that life brings, is just part of some big lesson plan!     


Wishing you a very blessed and peaceful New Year!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great motto! The only time I freaked out during a lesson is when it's computer. For some reason when they all need help at once I panic that they'll start pushing buttons they shouldn't! And our tech people scare me...maybe it's because they know way more than I do!!

    At home...well I freak out over everything. Sometimes I wonder if it's because I use up all my patience at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa :) Great name BTW LOL. I admire you for teaching it's one of the greatest jobs in the world and probably the least appreciated. Thank you for stopping by my blog I am glad you found it helpful look forward to reading more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, I totally agree with you...the computer lab is a uncontrollable and stressful place sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Lisa! Love this motto. I too need to relax at times when teaching my two kiddos at home. Wishing you a peaceful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well good luck! and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! This is my 10th (and probably last) year teaching Kindergarten. If I were sticking around I would have to get this for my room. :) I'm happy to be your 100th follower! I hopped in from the Tiggerific hop. If you get a chance, stop by my blog for my "other" career at www.allmouseallthetime.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to find your blog & I am your new follower from Tiggerific Tuesday blog hop.. Hope you will follow me back….

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...