Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ripped Paper Christmas Wreath

 This wreath was the perfect craft for my preschooler and took very little time to prepare!

  
I tried to include my tot, but he wasn't interested, which surprised me since he really enjoyed making ripped paper Indian corn last month.  But this time he was happy sitting alongside my preschool coloring in a coloring book instead!

Materials
Paper Plate
Construction Paper (red, green, yellow)
Glue/Glue Stick
Scissors


Prep
Cut out the center of the paper plate (only the outside is needed)
Rip the green construction paper into small pieces (my preschooler loved helping with this)
Cut out holly berries and candle

Directions
Squeeze glue around the outside of the plate
Place ripped paper onto of the glue
Glue on berries and candle  (my preschooler found using a glue stick worked best for this)


Math Connection
I had my preschooler count out the holly berries and glue in groups of three.  Then she counted the total number of berries when she finished.  If she was a little older I would have tied in more math by using repeated addition or multiplication to find the total number of berries. 

Linking-up:For the Love of Cupcakes, Sunday Showcase, Christmas Traditions, TGIF, Thrifty Thursday, Show and Tell
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Hehe, GMTA! Looks like we were on the same page last week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful traditional craft!! I remember fondly making this in school =-) Thanks for linking up to TGIF!! I am happily following you back.
    Merry Christmas,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great! I did a more 'controlled' version

    http://partycraftsecrets.blogspot.com/2011/12/diy-christmas-wreath-craft.html

    but I LOVE that the kids are doing this one and the candle is so cute!

    I found you through a linky, and I've joined up - if you'd like to help me keep blogging, I'd love for you to join my site too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so well!

    Please link this post to my Christmas Traditions link up in the craft section! It starts today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I would love it if you would share at my sharing party at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/12/sharing-saturday-10.html. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I'm sure kids would love doing this!! Thanks so mch for linking up to Make Yourself Monday!

    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you will join us again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. So simple and fun! Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Thursday!! Hope you had a fantastic Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...