Thursday, December 22, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments

Every year, my preschooler makes Christmas gifts for family members.  Usually she picks out a Christmas craft at JoAnn's to put together or paint, but this year I guess we went shopping a little too late...all the Christmas crafts were gone!  So I decided to whip-up a batch of salt dough ornaments instead.


I wanted to be sure to include both my tot and preschooler in this year's Christmas gift.  So my tot helped me mix up the dough and my preschooler did the decorating.  I have to credit Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas with this recipe.  It worked perfect!  The only change I made was adding several drops of green food color to the recipe.  I've included a quick version of this recipe below, but if you're looking for excellent step-by-step directions check out Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas

Salt Dough Recipe
Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
1 Cup Warm Water
Food Coloring (Optional)

Directions: 
Mix dry ingredients
Add water to dry ingredients and mix
Add food coloring
Knead until elastic
Roll out dough and use cookie cutters
Poke a hole at the top of each ornament (straw works great)
Bake at 250 degrees for 4 hours



Now we just need to add some string and wrap them up!

 Photobucket

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...