Monday, December 19, 2011

Stuff a Stocking Math Game (Freebie)

Pin It
 Here is a fast paced Christmas math game I created for my preschooler!  

 
Click the image below to grab a copy or click here

Graphics by Scrappin Doodles

Directions    
Each player takes a board and 20 counters (we used Hershey Kisses).
Start with all the counters off the board.
Players take turns rolling a die and covering up a certain number of spaces according to the number rolled on the die.
The first player to completely stuff their stocking (fill all their spaces on their board) wins! 


Alternative Directions
Instead of using a die, we also played this game with a penny.  Heads cover up two spaces.  Tails cover up 1 space. 


Educational Connections
Counting numbers 1-20
Comparing numbers
Addition

Merry Christmas!
Photobucket




Linking to:
Thrifty Thursday Classified: Mom abc button  Teach Me Tuesday at Whole Child Creative Curriculum
 

15 comments:

  1. Lisa, I just have to tell you that your blog is one of my favorites! I pinned this idea for next year when Boogie understands numbers better. You are so savvy with making printables! And I want to make some Montessori sandpaper letters too.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra I'm so glad you're enjoying my blog!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this game! I'll definitely be playing it with my preschooler this holiday! Thanks so much for linking up on Teach Me Tuesday at Whole Child Creative Curriculum!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm lovin' all your fabulous learning games!! Thanks for sharing all the free printables and for participating in our Mingle With Us blog hop. You are our guest host this week!! I hope you have fun blog hopping with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for selecting me to guest host this week at Mingle with Us! Looking forward to the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea!!!!
    I am following you from the blog hop! http://cantelmofamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! I'm following from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea!! Stopping by from the blog hop! I'm a new follower. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow back if you like.

    Happy Holidays!!

    Katie @ Glamorous Without the Guilt
    glamorouswithouttheguilt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful printable! I featured your printable (and two other printables of yours) in my Free Printable of the Day at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a good idea! By the way, I just awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Check it out here:
    http://mommyknowslife.blogspot.com/2011/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    Blessings & Happy Holidays,
    Breena
    mommyknowslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower through the blog hop you were featured in. Cute site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! I'm your newest follower... #70, hehe! Thanks for the fun and easy to implement Math game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is TOO FUN! I love your printables. Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Thursday!! Hope you had a fantastic Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...