Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let it Snow Marshmallows!

There may be no snow outside (yet), but inside our house it's snowing marshmallows! 


This fun math game lets little ones practice identifying numbers 1-20.  To play this game, all you need are a copy of the printable materials below and some tasty mini-marshmallows! 

To grab a copy click the image below or click HERE


Snowman graphic by Scrappin Doodles
 
Directions
1. Shuffle the cards and lay them in a pile upside down. 
2. Player 1 draws a card, reads the number aloud and uses a marshmallow to cover up the corresponding snowflake number on his board. 
3. Players continue taking turns, drawing cards and covering up snowflakes. 
4. If a player chooses a number card which he has already covered up on his board then that player skips his turn.
5.  The first player to cover up all their snowflakes wins!


Game Variations
There are four blank number cards included in this game.  These can be used as a skip your turn card or as card to allow the player to call out any number that he needs to cover on his board.  Just be sure to decide how you want these cards to be used before the game starts!

Skills Practiced 
Identifying and Reading Numbers 1-20

Let it snow!  

I link-up at these great parties!

Photobucket

31 comments:

  1. Awesome snowflake game! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun game!!! My daughter would enjoy this so much :)

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know how your daughter likes it!

      Delete
  3. This looks like such a fun game and the graphics are adorable! Going to pin it to my winter board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this on Pinterest!

      Delete
  4. I really like how you use games to teach concepts! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Who doesn't love playing games and eating a treat!! I love finding ways to sneak in a little learning!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking up this post on Thinky Linky Thursday! I love this game. It is good counting and number identification practice and looks like fun. I know the kids will be sneaking a marshmallow to eat as well :)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I am loving this!! Thanks for posting! This is great! Would you please share this with our readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/01/fun-stuff-fridays-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've linked up to Fun Stuff Friday!

      Delete
  7. Great idea!
    Jodie ~ Tons of Fun
    http://tonsoffunpreschoolactivities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now this looks fun! I'm sure we would have marshmellows "missing" by the end....yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Fun game and snack in one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun printable - thanks for sharing!! Don't we wish it would snow marshmallows!! Have you read The Marshmallow Incident - super cute book that would be fun to read with this!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! I look forward to seeing your posts linked up again soon,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great game for the Math Center in my Pre-K classroom. As I know they will eat the marshmallows before the game (learning) is over' I think I will use white pom-poms! Then maybe a special treat when the game is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your pre-K kiddos have fun with this!

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing this with our readers on Sharing Saturday :) Hope you have a great week and looking forward to seeing more of your posts!!!

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, LOVE this! You have such neat ideas! We will definitely be using this (over and over, I'm sure)! Thank you so much for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Thank you! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Glad to have you follow along!

      Delete
  16. Hi there! Both of my children need to work on recognizing 11-20 and I've been looking for math ideas. I will certainly use this. Thanks so much for sharing!

    I'm a new follower too! Come check out my blog at wackycyndi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by! I hope your children enjoy this fun math game! I'm off to check out your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...