Friday, January 20, 2012

The Phonetic ABC Song


Do your kids know their phonetic ABCs??


Last week I stumbled across a link for a FREE MP3 download of the Phonetic ABC Song from Maitri Learning.  This version of the classic ABC song sings letter sounds instead of the letter names.  Since I started working with my preschooler on pre-reading activities, I've seen first hand how important it is to teach children letter sounds.  Singing the phonetic version of The ABC Song would be a great way to build phonemic awareness (knowledge of sounds/symbols) in the youngest learners. 

Photobucket




Photo by Peter Galbraith

4 comments:

  1. This is such a smart idea. My daughter knows the ABC song but sometimes has trouble with what sounds each letter makes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found this useful!

      Delete
  2. Great tip! Thank you!

    Happily following you back!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...