Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Presidents' Day Snack

Pin It
After learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln in our coin storing tray, I thought it would be fun to extend our learning about the presidents by making a mini version of Abraham Lincoln's log cabin.  We simplified the log cabin I found Martha Stewart's website, making it the prefect project for a preschooler! 
 
Materials
peanut butter, graham crackers, pretzels sticks, small candy, tin foil, board book
Step 1
Wrap the board book in tin foil.  I used tin foil and a board book for our base, but a piece of wood or cardboard would also make a good base. 
 Step 2
Spread peanut butter on the outer sides of the pretzels and build the walls of the cabin by stacking the pretzels on top of each other.  For an alternative to peanut butter, frosting could be used to "glue" the pretzels together.
Step 3
Add a roof and door by "gluing" the graham crackers onto the pretzels.  We also added a piece of candy for a door handle.     

This was a quick project that required very few materials (all of which I already had!).  Plus this mini-log cabin made a tasty snack!








Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. We have used marshmallows and graham crackers to build with, but we haven't tried pretzel sticks. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wanted to let you know I shared this on my Facebook page, The Golden Gleam.

      Delete
  2. So cute! I am going to pin it!
    And thanks for always pinning my things as well. It means the world to me.
    Mary
    sharingkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary thanks for pinning this activity!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up at Thinky Linky Thursday this week! We are happy to have your ideas.
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment! I'm always happy to share my ideas at Thinky Linky Thursdays!

      Delete
  4. Very cool looking & delicious!! What a fun idea =-) I shared it with my reader here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957 Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great weekend,
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing with your readers on Facebook!

      Delete
  5. So funny, when I saw your thumbnail on our linky I immediately thought this would be great for a lesson about Abraham Lincoln! Guess great minds think alike! Thanks for linking up to Fun Stuff Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy linking up at Fun Stuff Fridays!

      Delete
  6. Great activity!!! Thanks for sharing on fun frugal friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...