Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Penguin Fishing Game (Freebie!)

Pin It
I am so excited to share my latest board game!

 
To play this fun game all you need are a few handfuls of Pepperidge Farm Goldfish Crackers (red, orange, yellow and green) and a copy of the printable materials below!

 To grab a copy click the image below or click HERE!


Graphics by Scrapping Doodles

Directions
1. Shuffle cards and place them in a pile upside down.
2. Each player takes a game board and places 20 Goldfish crackers (various colors) in the water on their board.
3. Players take turns choosing a card and removing the correct number/color of fish from the water and placing them in the correct fishing bucket. 
4. The first player to catch all their fish wins! 

Variations 
Start with all your fish in the buckets and play the game in reverse.  The first player to throw all their fish back into the water wins!

 
Meeting the Needs of All Learners 
I included two different boards in this game.  One board has just color words on the buckets (great for kids learning to read) and another board includes colors and color words on the buckets (for preschoolers practicing color identification).

Skills Practiced
Counting numbers 1-20
Identifying colors
Sorting by color
Reading color words
Addition/subtraction readiness
Comparing quantities 


Don't miss a post or a freebie!  
Subscribe via RSS, or follow on Facebook or Google+

I link-up at these great parties!

Photobucket

37 comments:

  1. Perfect for our letter P week this week! Our movie is Happy Feet for the penguins!

    Http://Momistheonlygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to watch Happy Feet! If you try this game let me know how your boys like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful! My kids will love it! Thanks so much for sharing! I'm pinning it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just hopping over from my Enchanted Thursdays Blog Hop to thank you for linking up this week!I love this! What a fun way to throw some education in with snack time! My son (7 years old) still has to practice his colors since he is partially color blind so this is perfect! I am your newest GFC Follower! Thank you for sharing, I hope to see you link up next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks following! I have lots of freebies here that might be perfect for your son!

      Delete
  6. What a cute, creative game! I may have to Pinterest this one. :)

    Stopping by from the hop. I hope you'll stop by Gumdrop Pass and say hello :)

    Have a happy Thursday! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to check out your blog!

      Delete
  7. Visiting via Mingle With Us hop. I love this. It's so cute!! It will be a great activity to keep my prek kiddo busy while I'm making dinner. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Happy to share!

      Delete
  8. Stopping by from TGIF Linky Party. This is adorable love the graphics. I am planning a penguin theme at the end of February this will definitely be included. Thanks so much for sharing! Be sure to visit my blog at the end of February to see how we used this game (I'll be sure to link back to you). 1mommysjourney.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad you'll be able to use this for your penguin theme! Can't wait to see pictures!

      Delete
  9. This is too cute! Glad to have found your blog! Definitely pinning this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The penguin printable is SOOOO cute!! I shared it with my Facebook readers here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957 - thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT weekend!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing on Facebook Beth!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for this idea and the printable. Great way to teach colors, assess knowledge of colors, and add this activity to themes on penguins and fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great game! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute idea! My middle son is in love with penguins. I'm stopping by from TGIF. I would love for you to link up at the {Free} Printables Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to check out your linky party!

      Delete
  14. Just a quick THANK YOU for linking up last week with Thrifty Thursday, and I hope to see you again this week! This is SO AWESOME!!! I'm pinning this right now, THANK YOU!!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/category/thrifty-thursday/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for linking up to fun frugal friday. This is such a great freebie that I had to feature it. Please stop by and grab a featured button. Thank you for sharing all of your awesome ideas. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for featuring this game!

      Delete
  16. I still think this is awesome!! ;) Thank you so much for linking it up at Teach Me Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Glad you like this game!

      Delete
  18. That's a great idea! Are you the one who's making this game? Thanks for giving it out! Montessori Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I create the printable games and activities at Criss-Cross Applesauce. I'm glad you find this helpful!

      Lisa

      Delete
  19. LOVE this freebie! Thanks for sharing! I can't wait to link back to here, from my blog, after my little one has a chance to work with it!

    Sara
    Teaching Munchkins

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...