Monday, February 13, 2012

Preschool Valentine Trays

While my tot naps I work one-on-one with my preschooler on one "learning" activity a day.  Last week (for the first time!) I planned all my preschooler's activities ahead of time!  All the activities I picked are Valentine themed.  Once my preschooler has a good understanding of each activity (after we've worked together at least once),  they become "choice time" activities she can choose to work on by herself.      
 
Activity: Candy Heart Patterns
Source: Pre-Kinders
Purpose:  Finishing AB, ABC, and AABB patterns using manipulatives


Activity: Candy Heart Sorting
Source: Pre-Kinders
Purpose: Sorting by color, counting numbers, writing numbers, reading color sight words


Activity: Symmetrical Heart Painting
Source: The Chocolate Muffin Tree
Purpose: Tracing, cutting, painting, making a symmetrical design, creativity


Activity: Heart Bead Decorations
Source: Pinterest (photo uploaded by user)
Purpose: Fine motor, patterning, creativity


Activity: Valentine Card Making
Source: The Work Plan 
Purpose: Fine motor, tracing, cutting, reading names, writing names, creativity


Activity: Colors of Love Game
Source: Criss-Cross Applesauce
Purpose: Reading color words, matching colors


Activity: Hershey Kiss Addition
Purpose: Adding two numbers using manipulatives (sums to 10), fine motor

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love the first two especially! I'm doing a graphing activity with my students tomorrow using the candy hearts! I think they must be the most educational candy ever :)

    Brie @ BreezyPinkDaisies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! I found so many candy heart activities on Pinterest! I would much rather use these hard candies for educational games and save the Valentine chocolate for eating!

      Delete
  2. It is so cool to see where my kids come from. I love the ideas. I found some cheap stencils for tracing at Walmart and put them on the blog today. It may be a good buy for your writing activity for next year! They will be on clearance soon!
    PS- LOVE your pinterest! I heart you!

    Mary
    sharingkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Mary! I'll have to check out the stencils you bought! Yes...I'm slightly addicted to Pinterest...hope you find my boards helpful!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...