Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flower Mosaic


Last week we ate lots of hard boiled eggs and egg salad sandwiches for lunch.  With Earth Day just around the corner I hated to see all those beautifully colored eggshells thrown out.  So instead I decided to turn what would be trash into a handmade treasure.  I found an eggshell mosaic craft at Teaching Tiny Tots and adapted this idea into the prefect Earth Day/Spring project.  My preschooler and tot used our colored Easter eggshells to create beautiful flower mosaics.  



Materials
  • colored Easter eggs
  • flower picture (I printed a flower coloring page from the internet, but you could draw your own)
  • glue
  • small dish
  • paintbrush 


 



 Directions
  1. Peel eggshell from egg.  Break eggshells apart into small pieces. 
  2. Pour glue into small dish and use paintbrush to spread glue onto flower picture. 
  3. Place eggshells onto glue.  
  4. Shake off any excess shells.  
  5. Let dry.  
 

  I love how this craft ties in Easter, spring and recycling!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...