Last week we ate lots of hard boiled eggs and egg salad sandwiches for lunch. With Earth Day just around the corner I hated to see all those beautifully colored eggshells thrown out. So instead I decided to turn what would be trash into a handmade treasure. I found an eggshell mosaic craft at Teaching Tiny Tots and adapted this idea into the prefect Earth Day/Spring project. My preschooler and tot used our colored Easter eggshells to create beautiful flower mosaics.
- colored Easter eggs
- flower picture (I printed a flower coloring page from the internet, but you could draw your own)
- small dish
- Peel eggshell from egg. Break eggshells apart into small pieces.
- Pour glue into small dish and use paintbrush to spread glue onto flower picture.
- Place eggshells onto glue.
- Shake off any excess shells.
- Let dry.
I love how this craft ties in Easter, spring and recycling!