Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jelly Bean Color Game


Last month I created a game called End of the Rainbow that ended up being one of my most popular posts!  This month I created a similar game with an Easter twist! 



To play all you need are 20 jelly beans per player and a copy of the printable materials below!

 To grab a copy click the image below or click HERE

Graphics by Scrappin Doodles

Directions

1. Shuffle cards and place them in a pile face down.

2. Each player takes a game board and places 20 jelly beans (various colors)  on the corresponding colored jelly bean on their game board. 

3. Players take turns choosing a card and placing the correct number/color of jelly beans in the Easter basket.  If a player draws a blank card he skips his turn.  If a player draws an Easter Bunny card he chooses any color jelly bean to put to his basket.    

4. The first player to fill their Easter basket with all their jelly beans wins! 

Variations 
Start with all the jelly beans in the Easter basket and play the game in reverse.  The first player to empty their Easter basket wins! 

 

Meeting the Needs of Learners 
I created this game for children able to read color words.  The cards for this game include only color words and are not actually colored in.  If your child is not able to read color words yet, this game can be easily modified.  Simply help your child color in the jelly bean cards before playing. 

  
Skills Practiced

Reading color words
Counting numbers 1-20
Comparing quantities 
Sorting by color
Addition/Subtraction



I link-up at these great parties!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You have some CUTE printable games! I love this Easter activity, and I can just picture my kids enjoying it. Looks like fun, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this game looks awesome as always! You always create and share awesome games! My boys loved the St Patrick's Day game, I know they will love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love it! Two great games right in a row! I'm pinning this one too--thanks for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, kids LOVE jelly beans! Thanks for linking up to Thinky Linky Thursday!
    Lori @ Cachey Mama’s Classroom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! If you are a new follower here be sure to let me know so I can follow you back!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...